I wiped away the weeds & foam. / I fetched my sea-born treasures home... Ralph Waldo Emerson







Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The Storm

 
Random pics by me and from friends. Unorganized, mostly unedited.


This was a difficult storm because of all the overblown media coverage and barrage of local alerts on phone and computer. Lots of tale about Hurricane Sadly 2. Frightening bec Sandy was one of the most  terrifying experiences of my life, maybe more so than the live real time watching of the WTC attacks. [wiser weather person quoted below:]


But really, yes power failure and a bit cold, but ''just another rainy weekend", in all honesty. And the wind blown salt spray has killed all the zinnies and cosmos.

Storm incoming:




Surreal pre-storm sunsets, the low sun shining under the edge of the huge storm's clouds






from a friend's house



  
 


 



Saturday, Sunday









Monday aftermath, near surfing beach to my west.





Monday as storm finally cleared, my house view of final sunset.


And soon, October. It was so grey, so dismal, I started earlier than usual.  Sunny days ahead though.






love

lizzy

gone to the beach





5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are amazing. Glad you were given sound advice, “this is not Sandy” so you could batten down the hatches, as they say, and know it’s a storm that you’ve weathered the likes of before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. Let's hope for a warm quiett Fall.

      Delete
  2. Great photos Lizzy--such gorgeous colors merging into one another!!:)))
    What is that "A Month of More time in Nature" listing? Looks interesting...
    Short today as both of us are having Covid shot reactions --ugh!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get the weird too bright sunsets too? How did your big trees fare?

      The To Do pages are from a website that generates creativity prompts. I'll email you later.

      Hope you feel better by tomorrow.

      love
      lizzy

      Delete
  3. Almost October. Funny how our favorite times of the year change as life changes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments, thanks so much. I love to hear from everyone.