Who could have imagined this---and events that have followed--the pandemic, the Demise of our democratic values. A country divided by ignorance and greed. My heart breaks again and again.
Yes, here in NY w little info, seeing it happen in real time, was terrifying. I too thought we were at war and would be bombed. Only now, years later do I no longer cringe if a plane flies too low overhead as it lands at presumably JFK.
You must always celebrate your day with joy, so many good years together. Otherwise the evil in this world will win. My MIL wanted to cancel her special landmark bday party later that week [month?] , at a special restaurant in Brooklyn---and we said Oh no, it is important to carry on.
''Your blog is more like going over and peeking over the neighbor’s fence to see what’s going on, what’s she doing now??! LOL.'' So... c'mon over and see!
It was a hot summer day just like today. I will never forget
ReplyDeleteI agree. You said it well.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI remember.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mel
DeleteI thought we were at war!
ReplyDeleteYes, here in NY w little info, seeing it happen in real time, was terrifying. I too thought we were at war and would be bombed. Only now, years later do I no longer cringe if a plane flies too low overhead as it lands at presumably JFK.
DeleteHard to forget for sure!! Our Wedding anniversary is the 11th--so strange day for us....
ReplyDeletehugs, Julierose
You must always celebrate your day with joy, so many good years together. Otherwise the evil in this world will win. My MIL wanted to cancel her special landmark bday party later that week [month?] , at a special restaurant in Brooklyn---and we said Oh no, it is important to carry on.
DeleteRemembering with you ❤️
ReplyDelete