I wiped away the weeds & foam. / I fetched my sea-born treasures home... Ralph Waldo Emerson







Friday, July 17, 2026

Good News/ Bad News and Summer Blues ~ interiors


 Hi! Best little good news, repeating from edit of previous post: escaped, flyaway Posy block has been found and kindly returned! [I'm pretty amazed!]

Then bad news is my microwave broke/ good news is the new one is beautiful, much nicer; $219.oo including tax, delivery, installation, disposal of old one included.

More bad: My hand is not doing well, a flare up of my autoimmune inflammation. Prob triggered by hand sewing. VERY painful, can't sleep bec of pain. [Better today, Friday]

More bad, a shark was sighted here at the neighboring beach, at the surf camp. Chomp! Good news, beaches reopened immediately. Young dog shark/ harmless?


AND wildfire smoke means air conditioning, even though it's mild weather, 70s, and big breeze off the water.

Last, Christmas shopping in July...I sat there patiently waiting for this folk artist's ''drop'' on Wednesday, wanting special bandboxes for family [and me!] gifts. As the postings appeared, they were already marked SOLD. So unfair, so disappointing. I love her work, but the fight to be a winner is just too hard. 


****

I've gathered some shots of the cottage gone blue.  Probably nothing new except the slipcovers and empty space of no Mo. But---Enjoy the cool and serenity.

A tall ship made by my dad, winter evenings. I used to help him tie the rigging.













My wooden folkart animals including two beachcombed decoys, found after storms.


Pitchers mostly from the church flea. It's good.








Flowers.






And a reminder, in case you are one of these "cannot wait for Fall, I got my pumpkins out July 1st"  people: Just remember, this is what comes after the Pumpkin  fun!

Let's slow down. Enjoy each Summer day! Life is too short not to be happy and grateful for the day we have, not the day months rom now.


Have a great weekend.


love

lizzy

gone to the beach...





a tad smokey?



15 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderfully summery, and as always your decor is so individual and pretty. Sorry about the smoke - we are gagging here in Virginia too, and of course the pictures from the fire are heartbreaking!

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Did your air clear out a little? We finally had a rainstorm and now can open the windows for a few day. The smoke makes my eyes burn, a bit short of breath [imaginary?].

      Delete
  2. I just checked in to see if there was a reply to my delinquent comment on your previoius post and to my surprise you had a new post. I'm so pleased that your kind neighbors were able to retrieve your escaping block and center. I'm sorry that you're in so much pain that it interrupts your sleep not to mention your stitching. I guess we just need to be grateful for whatever we CAN do each day. It was a lazy day for me. We had a family gathering at our house last night so I was recuperating and have finally been able to get rid of the low grade headache. We have been hot and dry but were blessed with a short cloudburst this afternoon. It made the air so fresh and nice. The flowers are lovely and brighten up the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for slow replies I’ll write later or tomorrow. ❤️love lizzy

      Delete
    2. Hi! Yes local FB group made itself useful. I was thrilled to get the block back.
      Family visits are wonderful but nowadays I have to plan a follow-up rest day.

      Delete
  3. How kind for someone to return your flyaway block. Sorry to hear about your hand pain, and hope it calms down again soon.

    Your blue and white look is so cool. Very English looking with the blue and white china too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much about the blue and white decor, china biys. I love seeing them each year. Many are as you said, English, even the US souvenir plates.

      Hand is bad. I have a stretchy bandage on it now for support. I use my left hand a lot even tho right handed, awkward not to use it.

      Delete
  4. So much to wonder at in your bumper post! Thank you. Never a dull moment in your neck of the woods.
    I'm always inspired by the small quilts dotted around, peeking out from under lovely plates or bowls. They make me want to rush out and make a 4 basket quilt plus, plus.
    Have you tried an ice pack on your hand (obvious, I know)? A nuisance!
    I marvel at the knowledge and skills required to make a tall ship. What a special treasure.
    Pennyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to make little quilts. I have a few planned for Fall. I treasure the small Thimbles quilt you sent me--I use it on my Shaker chest for my phone and glasses and always think of you.
      Hand: yes, ice and Ace [stretchy] bandage.
      My dad would be pleased you admire his ship model. I think he made as many as 4 or 5, it was his evening relaxation, like we might knit etc. The Flying Cloud, my brother has, is an even bigger ship, so beautiful. Imagine a long ago harbor filled with these ships, amazing. [my brother recreates historic airplanes...]

      Delete
  5. Love those blue pitchers--I have two in spongeware style--they reside on the top of my new french door LG fridge--which, btw, I am loving;)))
    Our skies are a hazy yellow-ey color already at 8 a.m. here--smoke coming back in..ugh!!
    I really think your "cottage in blue and white"
    looks so cool and summery--so pretty, Lizzy.
    Sorry about your hand flare up--totally empathize with that--feel better soon...
    Hugs for a great weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your spongeware pitchers when you feel like snapping a few pics!

      Delete
  6. I am firmly in the slow down camp. Of course we are having a mild summer so plenty to enjoy right now. Sorry about your hand 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your summer sounds lovely. And west of the horrible smoke.

      Delete
  7. It's so cool that your quilt block got returned! Very nice of them. Did you find something handy to weigh them down when you sew?
    I've always admired your seasonal decorating. I've gotten too lazy to do that, and never really bought decor stuff. But I really enjoy your cool blue and white! It looks so calm and relaxing!
    Doesn't it seem like some months sverything just decides to bread all at the same time? It's so annoying, not to mention it gets expensive!
    I know you still miss Mo, and probably will for a long time as the house is probably too quiet now. It will get better. I'm so glad you had him for so long.
    I hope your hand gets better soon. Have you tried OTC stuff like Aspercreme? I got wormwood patches for my knees and they helped quite a bit, which honestly surprised me! They even helped the arthritis in my knuckle.
    Take care¡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [I ll email, check in a while]. Yes I can t use aspercreme bec of severe aspirin allergy but am pleased w the Hemp cream, info previous post.

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments, thanks so much. I love to hear from everyone.