I wiped away the weeds & foam. / I fetched my sea-born treasures home... Ralph Waldo Emerson







Friday, May 20, 2011

Lilacs in Fog

Hi everyone, hope you had a wonderful week!
Spring comes late to the beach and the lilacs are still in fragrant bloom here...


The sturdy shrubs seem to like the fog.....


And I love filling the house with the sweet purple flowers tucked in make-do vases both large:


And small!


 So spring has, perhaps, arrived at the beach? Or at least the season has come to stick its toe in and check the water?



Have a good weekend!

love

     lizzy  

gone to the beach....





4 comments:

  1. I love lilacs and you are lucky they are still in bloom there. Mine have come and gone already and my bushes are filled with brown masses now. I didn't even get this years pictures. Thank you Lizzy for your wonderful photos and reminders of what is beautiful in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lilacs are all budded out but I think they are waiting for Memorial Day....LOL Can't wait to see them! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pretty blooms look so lovely in the blue and white and aqua containers. Hope you have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment here.